Working With Senior Clients and Their Families
Family struggles with the challenges of eldercare can be complex and fraught with emotion. As planners we are likely to become increasingly confronted with these situations as our clients age. Whether it is adult children or the seniors themselves, the need for communication and planning is critical. This seminar provides helpful information about the events and transitions that typically present problems and some strategies for managing the process.
Topics in this session will include:
- The dilemmas of elder planning
- declining capacity
- nursing home placement
- The Changing Landscape in Long Term Care
- Programs & services for seniors
- Keys to aging in Place
- Family Dynamics
- Factors that affect communication
- Values that affect senior decision-making
- How to manage family meetings
- Decision Points – staying Involved
For more information contact
Dr. Jim McCabe at (650) 383-5221.
Review all of our eldercare seminars.